Pages

Pageviews from the past week

Thursday 3 November 2011

And I'm Back!

Wow I have been so crazy busy and haven't even turned on my laptop in weeks. Sorry !!  (I even got the comment the other day from a friend I ran into that she hasn't seen me on Facebook in "forever" haha) 


So things have been hectic around here. I'll update as I can over the next few days.


I have actually been off work for about a week now and I don't go back in until Monday. I have been having a lot of stomach problems over the past month - just kept feeling like I had a flu bug and could not shake it. Anyways, it finally got so bad that I left work and was in bed for a day - so I made a doctors appointment. Well, after basically draining my body of blood the results are in - I'm very lactose intolerant. 


Ok - confusion, the last time I actually drank a glass of milk, I think cookies were involved and I am pretty sure I was doing homework. (ok maybe not that far back but I haven't been much of a milk drinker as an adult) So I had a talk with my doctor - its not just the milk, its anything that contains lactose. Do YOU know HOW many things contain lactose??? Maybe I'm just dumb but I was shocked at reading the labels in the grocery store of things I normally just pick up and don't think twice about. 


So for the next 3 months I am on a completely lactose free diet, then once my body has had that time to repair itself a bit (apparently I have some damage) I can start taking these pills that allow my body to break down lactose without making me sick. 


Man do I want a Dairy Queen Blizzard ;-) 


But as far as things go - this is REALLY easy to manage. When they start talking about Crohns and Celiac's and all those scary terms, no dairy isn't that bad at all. 


Well except soy cheese is kinda .... weird. *gag face*

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you've gotten to the root of the problem and so sorry about you feeling so crummy. Take care and enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete