Pages

Pageviews from the past week

Thursday 4 August 2011

Stieg Larsson - "Millennium Trilogy"

#1 The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
#2 The Girl Who Played with Fire
#3 The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest

I really enjoyed this series! Lisbeth Salander is such a strange and intriguing character. I felt like there were parts of her that any person can connect to. No matter what extremes she goes to, I found myself totally cheering her on. 

Completely sucked me in from the first chapter. The characters are so complex and there are so many factors to the story, and it is SO well done. You can tell that a lot of hours were spent on research. I actually felt like I was reading a true story at some points. 

The details about where the story takes place is amazing. I didn't even feel the need to google a map of Stockholm, I just felt like I was being guided by someone who knew the area inside and out. Was really great cause usually I feel "lost" in books that are about foreign places.

The books are pretty long, but they are so interesting that I found that I just wanted to read them cover to cover. 

Fully enjoyed these books. I will probably read the entire series again eventually. 

*Pretty harsh language in them and some graphic scenes so just a bit of a warning to more sensitive people. 



2 comments:

  1. I've heard so much about these books. They sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty intense read. Uncle Rick got me hooked on them.

    ReplyDelete