Pages

Pageviews from the past week

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Goodbye Wisdom...Tooth

I have been in zombie mode for about a week ... but I am feeling better so I will tell you my story!

Just about a year ago I was leaving a nightclub (shhhh mom I know I know) with some friends. They were walking ahead of me and out of NOWHERE I was attacked by a random woman I had never seen before in my life. She hit me square in the face and knocked me into the brick wall of the building. OUCH!! I wish I could say that I fought her off but I was literally so shocked I just screamed at the top of my lungs and got the attention of a bunch of people and they came to rescue me. The police were there in record time unfortunately the woman took off in an unregistered car with Manitoba licence plates - would have pressed charges if there was any way to.

Ok - so my wisdom tooth was chipped due to that night and has been slowly getting worse and worse. I thought I was lucky like my dad. My wisdom teeth grew in when I was about 19 just like regular molars and there were no complications so I thought I was gonna get to keep them - NOPE 

Last week I was in so much pain from another part of my tooth breaking off that I finally went to the dentist (those of you who know me well are most likely shocked)

Tuesday  - I had the tooth pulled and it was pretty icky. P took me and drove me home and I really don't remember a lot of it (I was put under due to a lot of anxiety that I have when it comes to needles/blood/pain/teeth)  The next 3 days were probably some of the worst I have had. Was really sick, some from the drugs but mostly I was SO grossed out by the feeling in my mouth and the stitches. Even now that they are starting to dissolve and I am basically feeling great - it REALLY skeeves me out to feel them .... ew ew ew happy thoughts. 

So I am doing SO MUCH better today. I am still fighting a headache on the side of my head where the tooth was removed but I have done some research and that sounds about normal and probably will bother me for another week or so. 

Can't wait to chew normally-ish again. P made sure to get me McDonald's fries once I was able to eat them and he even told me I was pretty while my lips were swollen and I had THE biggest blackest bags under my eyes. That guy must love me lots. I'm super lucky he took such good care of me!! 

2 comments:

  1. So sorry! That sounds painful. I hope you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muuuuch better!! I am pretty close to healed - just afraid to eat popcorn and granola at this point. I'll get there tho!! <3

    ReplyDelete