Pages

Pageviews from the past week

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Creamy Ranch Chicken

Pinterest is so great! So many times I sit down to do my menu planning and am totally clueless of what even sounds appealing to write down (even in pencil) Or what I may possibly have the energy to cook after a VERY long day!


I have stumbled upon such a great website via Pinterest. 

There are SUCH great simple ideas there and we (ok me, P just nods and smiles when I talk about food) decided to try a few of them out over the next few menu plans. 


The finished product. Not sure why
my pics never go where they are actually placed
You cannot believe how GOOD this smells!!!! :-) 




P approves the bacon ;-) 
Here is the recipe: (next time I am going to add mushrooms and green onions)
6 slices bacon
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons ranch dry salad dressing mix
1 1/4 cups milk
3 cups dried medium noodles(I used egg noodles)
1 tablespoon finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Start your water for your pasta. Cook noodles according to package directions.
2. Cut bacon into narrow strips. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels; discard all but 2 tablespoons drippings.
3. In the same skillet, cook chicken in reserved drippings until no longer pink, turning to brown evenly. Sprinkle flour and salad dressing mix over chicken; stir well to coat the chicken. Stir in milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Stir in bacon.
4. Serve the chicken over the noodles. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!

2 comments: