Pages

Pageviews from the past week

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Wisdom teeth #2, 3 & 4



If you remember (or you probably don't) I had one wisdom tooth extracted last year (August) 


I had to get the other 3 removed eventually. I have been really not looking forward to having all the pain and crankiness all over again, and I assumed it was going to be worse this time as I was getting 3 teeth instead of 1. 
     I was RIGHT! 


Actually it wasn't that bad. I was sedated. Those of you who know me well won't be surprised as I hate strangers being in my personal space (or smelly non-strangers, you know who you are!) and I also really don't like the dentist. So its pretty much an anxiety riddled experience to go. 
My mom came with me to take care of me (P was away on a job for a few days) and it was actually a really nice bonding experience. 


So I had the 3 teeth removed by Dr Murray on Thursday March 29. I came out of the sedation a lot better than last time and didn't feel so drugged. I came home and used the orange tea bags they sent with me - ok SOMEONE out there is a genius, they work SO well!! I was amazed. 


I won't go into any gorey details, you can ask my mom, actually don't, she was gagging a bit when it was going on and may not want to relive the experience. 


The worst has been the past couple days, I'm really sore but I think I'm healing up pretty good, just having a hard time talking normally, Call the store if you don't believe me, however I have caller ID so I will know who you are.


One week down, hopefully this next one goes fast and then I can eat more than "soft" foods. Another name for "soft" foods is "borrrring stuff" 

1 comment:

  1. Oooohh, that sounds painful! Take care. We're thinking of you. I'm glad your mom was there with you. At least it's done before the wedding.

    ReplyDelete