Pages

Pageviews from the past week

Sunday 6 May 2012

Sometimes life comes full circle....


Fort Saskatchewan ... we meet again. Last time I was here  It was SO cold and snowy. I thought I was going to have the same issues this time. I left Lethbridge in the midst of a crazy rain storm and before I even made it to Granum I was fighting icy roads and crazy amounts of snow. I did pull over just before Nanton and debate whether or not it was worth continuing the trip. I weighed it out, I haven't seen P since April 10 - But I was in my new car (update on that later!!) and wasn't totally confident on not-great roads. But, P was going to be at work until 7:30 and he was expecting me to be at his hotel when he got done.... how bad would I feel if I had spent an entire day hoping to go home to him to get a text message that said "bad roads, not coming". So I said a little prayer and kept going. By the time I got to Calgary it was back to rain and before I hit Red Deer - the sun was shining and I was singing along with Heart.  

Had dinner with P then called it a day - I was exhausted from driving and being stressed and he was tired from a 14 hour day (I didn't mention that he was REALLY late and the front desk refused to give me the key with my name on it because they weren't the ones on shift when P set it up for me to have one.... *sigh)

So needless to say, all I have done today is go to the fitness centre and work out and watch the Manchester United game (woot win!!)

Now to call down for towels (AGAIN) and maybe go find some adventure... or just get some lunch. 

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment