Pages

Pageviews from the past week

Monday 23 January 2012

Migraine Prevention Methods

I get migraines. My first one was at 8 years old and I clearly remember it like it was just a couple weeks ago. It was a Sunday in the spring, you know those spring days when the sun actually starts to feel warm even though there is a lot of snow on the ground. We spent all day outside after church walking through the fields and playing in the quickly melting snow. Then it happened. So much pain I was pretty sure that I was going to die.


My dad took me into the hospital in Cardston and I don't even remember the ride other than the hiway seemed to have A LOT more bumps in it than normal.


I remember they gave me some pills that were nasty and I fell asleep. Then my dad had to take my to my Grandma and Grandpa Johnson's (they lived in Cardston up on the east hill at the time) because he had a meeting. My grandma was supposed to give me a pill after an hour and the doctor had said it may make me feel sick and I may need to throw up....


  (warning - graphic) I filled Grandma's giant turkey roaster, the big one you could have probably bathed my younger cousins in if needed. 


Magically I felt better ... my Grandma was kind enough to find me one of my uncle's t-shirts as I had pretty much ruined my clothes.


Anyways, since that day I have been always on the hunt for ways to find relief from my migraines (Grandma is on a mission in France so I can't go cry on her couch and get sick lol) 


This past month my head has been giving me so many issues I didn't know what to do. I had my eyes checked, I got a different kind of solution for my contacts, I changed my eating habits, I quit drinking coffee, I drank more coffee, I took vitamins and plenty of other suggestions from other people. Last Saturday, I got home from work and took down my pony tail and felt this HORRIBLE ache behind my eyes as I did... So I made a decision ....



11 inches of hair (in some places cause I had a lot of layers) GONE!! It was a bit of a shock to my system, I haven't had hair this short since I was ... born (I had A TON of hair when I was a baby) But the instant relief I felt when my stylist was done was AMAZING. Now, I'm sure this won't magically CURE my headache issues, but its like night and day the difference I feel in my neck and around my temples, and who doesn't like to shake things up once in a while with a big change. Especially with all the big changes in my life lately!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment