Pages

Pageviews from the past week

Sunday 14 August 2011

"Torment" by Lauren Kate

Torment

Good name for this book as that is basically what it did to me. I will try to not give too much of the story away.

This is book #2 in the Fallen series (you remember I read Fallen in March? ) 


Book 2 picks up exactly where the first left off which was kind of nice as it reminded me of what exactly what happening in the story.


Less confusing than the first book - since you know who everyone really is - but I had a bit of frustrated feelings towards Luce. She seemed so helpless in the situations she was thrown into. She would step up and take charge and then jump right back down into being a damsel in distress... Maybe I'm just being hard on her. 


The ending really made me happy. To see her finally make a decision - even a potentially disastrous one - was awesome. 


There are parts to the love story that I just can't wrap my head around. I think that I just need to get more information about their past to understand WHY there is such a deep level of love. (Maybe I'm a bit jaded in the love department)


Also, I am in love. But when I look at P, I can maintain my own thoughts and feelings and decisions and not just give into whatever he is saying (even if he is gorgeous). Then again I'm not a 17 year old girl. That could have a lot to do with it ;-) 


All in all a good light read (took me 3 sittings) and I have already put Passion on hold at the library. 

No comments:

Post a Comment