Pages

Pageviews from the past week

Wednesday 18 May 2011

The Vampire Academy Novels

Written by Richelle Mead

#1 - Vampire Academy

I started reading this book because my sister Katie told me that it was amazing. At first I had a bit of trouble getting into it, there are a lot of strange words that I ended up just googling how to pronounce them (even when I read to myself I HAVE to know how they would be said aloud, its just one of my weird quirks)  But, the story did start to really draw me in once I kind of figured out what was going on. I think it was clever of the author to keep you a bit in the dark at the beginning just for that hint of mystery.

 #2 - Frostbite

 Good action in this one. A bit more teenage romance that I normally would be into, but there was enough vampire stuff to keep me interested. I was a teenage girl so you would think I would be more into their drama. but usually I'm not.   My sister missed reading this one and went right to the next one and she didn't even realise that she had missed an entire book so I guess not a lot really happens as far as character development. Or the next book seems to fill you in enough. lol. I personally think something pretty major happens to Rose - but I won't give it away.

#3 - Shadow Kiss

A lot more information is given in this book about the relationship between Lissa and Rose. Tons of action and fighting in this one. And some sadness. I actually did cry at one point. And I think Dimitri is hot (in my head anyways) 


#4 - Blood Promise

Rose is a lot more grown up in this one - in a sad sort of way that only loss can really make you grow up. Lissa is a bit more absent from this book but I enjoyed getting to know Rose on a deeper level and what actually makes her up. And reading about Russia always makes me happy :-) 

#5 - Spirit Bound 

Kind of hard to get into this one at first because it seemed like a return to high school - which I guess in a way it was. But soon things happen that brings the intensity up! The ending really shocked me and I didn't want to wait to read the next one ... but of course I had to... 

#6 - Last Sacrifice
FINALLY!!!!  I got it out of the library the day that I finished The Gargoyle so it has just been an awesome book week for me!! YAY!!! So I will keep you posted on how it turns out! 


2 comments:

  1. They are so good I think you will like them. Just a nice relaxing read, not too much stress which is perfect for after a long day ;-)

    ReplyDelete